Faf opens up on AB saga: We’re still friends

9

Southampton – Skipper Faf du Plessis has opened up on the AB de Villiers media storm that rocked the Proteas camp last week.

News broke last Thursday alleging that De Villiers, who retired from international cricket in May last year, had made himself available to the national side just hours before the squad was announced on April 18.

At the time, CSA convenor of selectors Linda Zondi said that he had heard of De Villiers’ availability on the morning of the squad announcement while Proteas coach Ottis Gibson said he had also only heard from De Villiers in the hours before the announcement.

Read more